This blog earns money via affiliate marketing – meaning that I may earn a commission when you purchase a product or service after clicking a link on this site (at no additional cost to you). As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some songs help you vent your career frustration when you are working for “the man” (or woman) who is a jerk, and there are others to get you fired up about being successful in your social media job (or whatever role you are in). But whether we are frustrated or elated, music has a way of calming our frayed nerves, soothing our weary soul, or making our heart soar. If you are looking for something more slow and ethereal like handpan music, these aren’t that.
So join me on the journey of life and listen to these 33 best pump up songs about jobs to energize your soul!
And if you need some direction in your career, that’s precisely why I wrote my book Why Career Advice Sucks® … to share the stories of my own career success and failures and help you grow your career more quickly.
1. Working For the Weekend by Loverboy (1981)
2. 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton (1980)
3. Busy Man by Billy Ray Cyrus (1998)
4. Working For a Living by Huey Lewis & The News (1982)
5. She Works Hard For The Money by Donna Summer (1983)
6. Shiftwork by Kenny Chesney and George Strait (2007)
7. Manic Monday by The Bangles (1986)
8. Taking’ Care of Business by Bachman Turner Overdrive (1974)
9. Working Girl by Cher (1987)
10. It’s Five O’ Clock Somewhere by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett (2003)
11. Take This Job and Shove It by Johnny Paycheck (1977)
12. Money for Nothing by Dire Straits (1985)
13. Heigh Ho by The Seven Dwarfs, Disney (1937)
14. Working Class Hero by John Lennon (1970)
15. Five O’Clock World by The Vogues (1966)
16. Bang On The Drum All Day by Todd Rundgren (1983)
17. Chain Gang by Sam Cooke (1960)
18. Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford (1955)
19. Working Man by Rush (1974)
20. Drinking Class by Lee Brice (2014)
While this song was originally performed by Harry Chapin, Ugly Kid Joe recorded it in the early 1990s.
21. Blue Collar Man (Long Nights) by Styx (1978)
22. Welcome to the Working Week by Elvis Costello (1977)
23. Career Opportunities by The Clash (1977)
24. Morning Train (Nine to Five) by Sheena Easton (1981)
25. Self Made by Little Big Town (2012)
26. Working for the Man by Roy Orbison (1960s)
27. Be So Glad When the Sun Goes Down by Ed Lewis
28. Cats in The Cradle by Ugly Kid Joe (1992)
29. Hard Hat and a Hammer by Alan Jackson (2010)
30. Hard Way to Make an Easy Living by Toby Keith (2013)
31. Live a Little by Kenny Chesney (1992)