These best 26 leadership audiobooks will help you kick leadership butt, becoming the leader that your family and friends always knew you can be. While I cannot guarantee you will enjoy each of these audiobooks, I want to provide many different sources for you to explore on your leadership journey.
And yes, that is the inside of my car (below), and no, I was not driving when I took this picture. Affirmative…there is duct tape on my steering wheel cover. What can I say? It has 243,000 miles and counting on it. But I digress…
Listening to good audiobooks while driving, working out, or cooking dinner is a way to significantly increase your productivity. You can’t read a physical or ebook while doing any of those. Well at least not effectively, legally, or safely!
I am honored to be a guide along your leadership journey, pointing out the pitfalls and mistakes I have made, thus illuminating your path. Enjoy these top leadership audiobooks!
1. The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard
This is one of the top business audiobooks of all time from the world-renowned Ken Blanchard.
2. Go Put Your Strengths to Work by Marcus Buckingham
3. Good to Great by Jim Collins
4. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
5. The Effective Executive by Peter F. Drucker
From an author who has been called the Father of Modern Business Management…
6. Why Leadership Sucks® Volume 1 by Miles Anthony Smith
7. Lead Like Jesus by Ken Blanchard
Another audiobook from Mr. Blanchard…
8. Dare to Serve by Cheryl Bachelder
Choosing to serve others while in a leadership role is tough, but it is worth it!
9. The Top Ten Mistakes Leaders Make by Hans Finzel
As leaders, we all make mistakes…
10. The Essential Drucker by Peter F. Drucker
While most of us have a negative view of “lectures”, these are chock-full of leadership wisdom.
11. The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber
Many of us go into entrpreneurship as a great technician, thinking that we can run our own business and easily reap the profits our boss does but often don’t realize what the different skill set that it takes to run the operations of a business.
12. Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
Putting others’ interests firsts doesn’t come natural to those of us in charge.
13. The Secret: What Great Leaders Know and Do by Ken Blanchard
There are secrets to learn and implement in our leadership to become wise leaders.
14. The Servant by James C. Hunter
What? I’ve got to be come a servant? But I don’t want to be subservient to anyone? That’s why I want to be a leader…
15. The Score Takes Care of Itself: My Philosophy of Leadership by Bill Walsh
Focus on leadership fundamentals, and the score (fame, wealth, etc.) will take care of itself.
16. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
The wise John Maxwell lays out 21 laws of the leadership universe.
17. Leadership and Crisis by Bobby Jindal
Having led the state of Louisiana through a significant crisis, Governor Jindal made tough choices to lead from the front.
18. The Virgin Way: Everything I Know about Leadership by Richard Branson
One from the brash, Branson…
19. On Becoming a Leader: The Leadership Classic by Warren Bennis
20. Why Leadership Sucks® Volume 2 by Miles Anthony Smith
21. The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
22. Good Leaders Ask Great Questions by John C. Maxwell
23. True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership by Bill George
24. The Power of Servant Leadership by Robert K. Greenleaf
This one is from the author who coined the term “servant leadership.
25. Rumsfeld’s Rules: Leadership Lessons in Business, Politics, War, and Life by Donald Rumsfield
26. It Worked for Me: In Life and Leadership by Colin Powell